Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Dixieland Delight

Can I just say that I love South Georgia and my home?! Dana and I left Richmond Thursday night and made several overnight pit stops along the way until I finally arrived in Moultrie (exhausted) last night.  All along the way down from Richmond, I got to visit with friends and say some final goodbyes, which warmed my heart, but by Monday I was a little anxious to get on home!

The dinner table conversation last night revolved around the local pig show and the local football team that just made it to the State championship game - both very fitting topics :) For those of you who don't know my family, we like to live somewhat simply, which includes not really using heat in the winter time, but using a fireplace (which really only heats one room).  So, while it is sub-zero outside - which is not that normal for Moultrie - I got to snuggle into my bed in the back bedroom.  I knew there was a reason I invested in that down comforter a couple of years back - it is definitely paying off now.  I do remember waking up at about 4:00 in the morning and not being able to figure out where I was (five different beds in five nights will do that to you).  But, I love the feeling I got when it dawned on me that I was home in my own bed :) Kenny the Rooster started crowing at some ungodly hour, I am sure, but I didn't have to hear it until about 7:00 this morning, which made for a much needed good night of sleep for me.

Well, there's about 1000 tasks I need to get accomplished today. Instead, I am posting on my blog.  I'll just call this my transition time :)

1 comment:

  1. Love your new blog! I agree, it's a good feeling to be home.

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete